Training Young People in Anger Management: Seminar
Still some spaces available on our additional London date: Wednesday 24 September (original date of 17 September is SOLD OUT)
‘Tracy was fantastic… she had great knowledge and held the attention of everyone.’
Student Support Coach, North Hertfordshire College
‘Great to come away with so many practical activities to use with young people.’
Youth Homelessness Officer, East Northants Community Services
(Quotes from previous delegates attending this seminar)
Date: Wednesday 24 September 2014
Venue: Shelter Training, Old Street, London EC1V 2PU
Trainer: Tracy Maylath (see below for profile)
Cost: £99 per delegate (no VAT charged)
This one-day training event provides teachers and trainers with an outline for delivering anger management sessions to young people.
Participants develop an understanding of how anger is triggered and experienced by young people and use this understanding to feed into exercises and discussions for delivery in a group or one-to-one training context.
- Context: definition, stereotypes of anger
- Overview of non-assertive behaviours, their advantages and disadvantages
- Defining and delivering training in assertiveness to young people
- The ABC Model
- Challenging thinking errors
- Confusing fact and opinion: how it causes aggression
- Training exercise to assist with bullying
- Practical exercises and a template framework that can be used and adapted for training in various contexts.
After this seminar, you will be able to:
- Define anger as it pertains to young people
- Recognise triggers for anger specific to young people
- Apply a model for how beliefs affect behaviour
- Address and change thinking errors that lead to anger
- Assist young people in becoming more assertive
- Use at least 2 strategies for assisting young people in dealing with criticism and anger from others
- Deliver a training session to assist young people in dealing with bullying.
Advisers, teachers and trainers working in both the statutory and voluntary sector with young people who may have issues with anger management.
We can also run this event for groups of six or more staff at a time and location to suit you. For more information regarding group training please call Amanda on 0344 515 1160 or email email@example.com
Tracy Maylath has been a trainer/facilitator since 1996 and a trainer for Shelter since 2002. She has delivered a wide variety of courses to clients ranging from people who are homeless, lone parents and young people, to managers and directors of large corporations.
Tracy has written programmes in management skills and personal development for both the public and private sector. She uses an array of innovative methods and techniques and engages clients with her humorous approach, passion and in-depth knowledge and experience of her topics.